Advice please

cobweblil 18:56 18 Jun 06

Could someone recommend a programme similar to norton windoc to check for problems on pc please?
Im on Windows XP and SP2(was already installed when I bought pc)
I used to use Windoc but always have problems with any Norton programme.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Meshuga 20:10 18 Jun 06

With respect I would suggest a more descriptive title might bring you some answers. " Advice please" conveys nothing about the problem. Regards.

c0re 20:24 18 Jun 06

I have tried to research what you have asked.

I seem to be quite confused.

Norton Windoc is like a performance enhancement tool correct?

To be honest... after many years in computing and development I do not see the beefit of these programs.

The alterations can be made manually with built in tools that Windows XP includes.

1st of All .. Add/Remove Programs, remove all un needed programs

2. Run AntiVirus/Anti-Spyware Scan (Up to date) I'm not sure which is the best these days, as I have no need for a program to remove spyware. Last I heard Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy were top of the heap. Also check out click here for HijackThis and his other tools.

3. Go to Start > Run

Type msconfig
Go to Startup and looks for uneeded things in the lists and Untick them. You can research an item by just typing its name into Google and you usually get an instant explanation to what it is.

4. Run a Defragmentation of your Hard Drive.

And that's it. I mean at the end of the day if you have a good Real Time Anti Virus and Firewall. And are wise with what you download and open on your computer.

cobweblil 20:31 18 Jun 06

thank you Matt...i'll do that :O)

sorry meshuga :O/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…