Advice please

Ade_1 16:58 06 Feb 06

Hi, i have created a website but have a small problem, you will see it on there (as it explains it proeprly on there) click here i created it in photoshop as a whole page then split it up and saved individual images in different canvases. The only other alternative that i have is to just put the text in via photoshop and insert the page's images via the whole page i created NOT the indivuidual images - i am using dreamweaver.

Forum Editor 20:20 06 Feb 06

but I'm not grasping the point here. Probably my fault, but...........your link simply shows some images - not a web page.

If you have published a DreamWeaver web site give us a link to that. Then we'll try to help.

DrScott 17:29 07 Feb 06

I think it might be to do with your iframe. I'm not sure why you're getting a border, but because of its positioning, your left banner is moving round it rather than with it.

The solution I've used on my site is put the frame within a CSS layer, i.e. between div tags, and set the height and width of the iframe to 100%. That way you can use the layer to determine the size of the iframe, plus it's then easier to fit in with the rest of the page.

Actually I've just noticed you've not used CSS layers or tables at all. With DW layers are easy and are a good way of getting everything lined up and in proportion.

Hope that helps

Forum Editor 18:20 07 Feb 06

It's called the restore down button - don't ask.

Ade_1 20:42 07 Feb 06

Thanks for the advice, but i dont really know anythign about CSS, i know its a popular way of web design but unfortunately i have not yet come to understand it.

DrScott 22:15 07 Feb 06

Well I didn't at first. I bought Dreamweaver for Dummies and that helped me to get to grips with the basics - might be worth a shot! If you need any help with code, especially with iframes, then feel free to look at my site and and have a look at the code from there (right click on your browser window and select 'view source'). click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…