Advice please

torpid 15:00 11 Oct 05

Hello people
Im what you might call a noob when it comes to buying or knowing anything much about pc's, so i would appreciate some advice. I am planning on buying the Carrera vision c4i-pca-11 (as it is in my price range-£500-£650), which i will use primaraly for games. The web site that sales it offers upgrades-build your own type thing-So i was hoping for some advice on what components would be best upgraded. The specs for the pc are in the Nov issue, at the top of the super budget chart, and the web site is savastore. Thanks for any help

pj123 15:22 11 Oct 05

Check out some of these threads first.

click here

bremner 15:39 11 Oct 05

pj123 link does not seem to work.

What they are trying to point out is that there have been a number of threads highlighting concerns with Watford Electronics (Savastore) who own Carrera. This is probably the worst of the threads click here

pj123 16:08 11 Oct 05

bremner, thanks, you're right. Why it doesn't work I don't know. Think I will leave it with your link.

But, just in case. I have tried it again.

click here

torpid 16:09 11 Oct 05

Blummin eck!
Thanks for that.Looks like you just saved me £500 odd quid.
Where would you recommend i shop for simular spec and price pc's?

pj123 16:13 11 Oct 05

I give up. The search engine doesn't seem to be very good.

Forum Editor 17:31 11 Oct 05

The search engine's fine - you've posted links to timeout urls. Bremner's link is to an actual thread url.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…