Advice on photos` software please.

Granny. 15:43 19 Oct 05

I`ve just got a new digital camera, but I don`t really like the software that came with it, but I don`t know much about it, so please can you tell me if it`s ok to switch, and, if so, can you reccomend one please?

(Preferably one that is easy to use!)

wobblymike 15:50 19 Oct 05

It really depend what you want to do so a few assumptions I think.

Given you are running XP, the Windows viewer that is part of the OS is perfectly fine for viewing photos. If you want a programme that can help resolve red eye, brightness, contrast, then there are loads and its just a matter of choice, I use Microsoft Picture it 9.

If you want to turn your photos into a slide show with background music and then burn to Cd for playing on your DVD player and main telly, again there are lots of choices, again for me Photo to VCD from Wondershare is great. Hope this helps post back if you want more.

Bagsey 17:10 19 Oct 05

Try Irfanview from click here
Its a free download and will do most of what you will need.
If you want to make slideshows to burn the CD or DVD for showing on your TV then I use DVDPixplay Not free but very good and cheap.

hssutton 17:20 19 Oct 05

I would recommend photofiltre, it's very good (I use it alongside PS CS2)also it's freeware click here much more user friendly than Irfanview, and the plug-in base is expanding

brambles 20:38 19 Oct 05

GOOGLES PICASA 2.
Just go on to Google web page and type Picasa 2 and the free programme can be downloaded - and it's very good - it's intuitive - it's easy

Brambles

Granny. 13:29 21 Oct 05

Thank you very much for your advice, you`ve all been really helpful and it`s much appreciated...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…