Advice on Novatech decision

LewiM 19:25 26 Oct 07

First time buying both a laptop, and one that has to fulfill certain specs (rather than my current PC which was just bought for Word basically).

Narrowed down my search to a Novatech and this one in particular.

click here

Would basically like your opinion on value for money, companies reliability, and the general specs of the laptop for both work use and medium gaming (WoW, HL2 etc) with the capability to handle Bioshock etc if settings were reduced.

Also any other laptops with a similar if not better spec for roughly the same price (under £800 very maximum).

Thank you

citadel 22:22 26 Oct 07

the one you selected shoud be ok as it has a 8600m gs.
notebookcheck.net has a list of all the graphics used in notebooks with scores in 3d. the 8600m gs is a class 2 card.

topdude 09:38 27 Oct 07

I can recommend Novatech as a supplier, i have used them many times and had no problems even when returning things.

stylehurst 14:57 27 Oct 07

I have used Novatech for the best part of 10 years & have found them completely reliable & helpful if you should have a query.
The firm has been around for a long time, it is not neccesarily the cheapest in the market place but is undoubtedly the best.
It has won the PCPro internet supplier of the year in the last couple of years & is highly recommended by many users of this forum.

LewiM 18:18 27 Oct 07

Thanks for the replies.

Think that has solidifed my choice then.

Thanks again.

Strawballs 22:16 01 Nov 07

I have nothing but praise for Novatech but don't forget to add price of OS when buying from them.

Oh and did you know the owner started by mail order selling printer ribbons from his bedroom?

Arnie 15:47 02 Nov 07

"Oh and did you know the owner started by mail order selling printer ribbons from his bedroom?"

No I didn't.
What a remarkable achievement.

I have used them many times and agree with you and other forum members' positive views.

Strawballs 17:56 02 Nov 07

It is a local firm (to me) and our local paper had an article on them a few years ago

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…