Advice on a new printer

Femme 03:10 03 Jan 06

If you buy the scanner copier printer combo do they work ok?I read some where the combo is slow.
What brand would you recommend?
I have a old cannon printer at present that just bit the dust
Thank you
Femme

Diodorus Siculus 08:25 03 Jan 06

My preference (based on nothing but personal prejudice) has always been to have a seperate printer and scanner.

I have an epson scanner and a hp deskjet printer as well as a hp laserjet and these have served me well.

Whatever way you go, I'd suggest you take a look at running costs as well as initial purchase cost.

As for the speed question, it depends on the individual piece of equiptment.

SG Atlantis® 09:33 03 Jan 06

I always choose separates and I prefer Epson printers. I have an R340 which is superb, priced a bit high at £130. But any of the R range are excellent.

R200/220 R300/320 which ever of these have the best price go for it. Compatibles are a cheap as chips.

jack 09:56 03 Jan 06

The one advantage of a combo, is footprint, the space occupied.
The preference is separates, each unit will do its own work superbly, rather than avarage overall,also in the event of a fault- you lose only the one unit.
Running costs are Ink carts , if you Choose Epson the carts are common and compatables are cheap.

wee eddie 10:39 03 Jan 06

No matter which ink you use. Standalone Printers will tend to be faster and cheaper to operate than Combos.

Most scanners are Oblong and Flat (sort of a big A4)and can therefor form the base to a pile or slip into a drawer. Then only plugging it in when you need it.

rmcqua 14:55 04 Jan 06

I go with the separates. Tried most of the major manufacturers and always seem to come back to Epson for both printer and scanner.

flaming 17:26 04 Jan 06

I am very satisfied with my ink jet HP 1317 3-in-1 printer. It was approx. £80 a year ago. However, I bought it with other HP equipment so its compatability was assured. I liked its size and shape, as my workspace is limited. I am a light user, so running costs haven't been high.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5