Advice on new motherboard please!

wyatt earp 19:18 20 Oct 03

I currently have a fujitsu Siemens 1ghz Athlon Scaleo computer with 512mb pc100 memory currently running Win XP HE.The mother board is an M7VKA.
My brother has offered to give me his redundant 1.8ghz Athlon processor. (Great so far)
My current board won't support the larger chip so i am looking for advice from the more technical amongst you regarding an appropriate new motherboard.
I want to keep the same memory at present but need the following on it if poss: 5.1 sound, Lan, Usb 2 (with at least 2 usb ports) I also want to upgrade my graphics card to a Radeon 9600 so it it would be good if it supports AGP 8X.

Any reccomendations to a good board & supplier would, as ever, be most welcome.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 19:26 20 Oct 03

I have this think it suits what you need might go over a bit but that can be good for upgrades,lol
nice price got 1 for £128 quid

click here

wyatt earp 19:32 20 Oct 03

Thanks - very nice mobo but i was hoping to spend under £80!
Perhaps someone else can help?

The MSI KT3 Ultra series offers good value. Supports up to Athlon XP2200+ (1800 gig), and has on board USB2 controller - 2 connectors on the back plate, one on the front, and an internal one. Specified memory is PC2200/2700, but your PC100 will still work, but will slow things down.Has inbuilt six channel audio and internal modem. Down side is it only supports up to AGP x4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…