Advice needed - Zone Alarm Server setup

wunay 22:20 04 May 06

I have downloaded the free version of Zone Alarm and have had a few problems in that occasionally I lose internet connection and have to reboot.
I also cannot get my head around the Firewall / Programme settings under the heading SERVER. There are two columns Trusted and Internet. It seems from the Zone Alarm PDF that there should not be any programme given access under those headings. I have read the blurb but cannot fathom this out. It is probably my age.
Anyone advise?

skidzy 22:55 04 May 06

As a new user to Zonealarm you will find you will have several popups asking for permission to access the internet,if your surfing habits are genuine and stay away from the dodgy sites...allowing Zonealarm access should not cause you any problems.

Most of the firewall settings are set by default,so therefore can be trusted unless you would like to configure it to your own settings.

If you are unsure,post the requests from zonealarm and im sure someone here can advise you if to Deny or Allow.

Normally a little common sense and reading the destination will advise you if ok.

I normally block the ones with no IP address showing,but i got to admit...i dont get many of those.

remind 23:00 04 May 06

Trusted zone usually refers to your internal network or IP addresses allocated by a router. Anything listed under `server` is expecting communication from outside, either on the aforementioned network or via the 'net - click Deny but don't check the box to permanently remember/enable/disable that behaviour (sorry I use Kerio so the requesters are different) - when you can follow a pattern of requests you will have a better idea of what action to take.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5