Advice needed on screensavers and how to add them

Fiery251 15:21 22 May 03

I have been asked by a friend to create a screensaver.
I downloaded ScreenSaver Master 1.03, and created one without any problems.
However, when you save the created screensaver, it only allows you to save it in the form of a .smp file, it doesnt allow you or give you the option to save it as a .scr file.

How do I get this screensaver into the drop down Windows Screensaver menu, in Display properties?.

Seems a bit strange to have a program such as Screensaver Master, which allows you to make the screensaver, but doesnt let you use the finished article!!??.

Lozzy 15:26 22 May 03

you may need a compiler to set it as a .scr if it is not saved as a .scr it will not show in display properties under screen saver tab.

Fiery251 16:05 22 May 03

A complier?.

What does that involve?. Any tips?

hugh-265156 16:22 22 May 03

see click here for help might help

some themes and screensavers for xp click here

Fiery251 08:53 23 May 03

Thanx for the replies folks.

I sorted it out eventually.

When you save a project, it saves it into the actual Program Folder of Screensaver Master itself as a .scr file.
Its simply a case of copying and pasting it from there to C/Windows/System and then it becomes visible in the drop down menu in Display Properties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…