Advice needed on playing X-Box on the Internet

Legolas 18:19 26 Jan 03

My mate is intending to get broadband, and as well as going on the Internet with his computer he is intending to play on-line with his X-Box, can any one tell me what he will need to connect his X-Box to the BB Modem and does he still play on his TV Monitor or on the computer monitor. As you have probably realised I do not have a clue about these things.

microswift 19:06 26 Jan 03

You can connect xbox directly to the modem using rj45 cable. You will need to order an xbox live kit from microsoft, or you can buy one in the shops at the end of March. You still play on TV although there is some widget you can buy that enables you to play on your PC (I think) You can also get a hub from NTL for £5 a month into which you connect your xbox and your PC enabling you to use both at the same time. You can also buy a router into which you can connect xbox and PC this is the cheapest solution (apart from the firt option). To play online will cost £40 a year from microsoft. One of the most popular routers is the Linksys BEFSR41 it can be bought online for about £50. There is an xbox live user forum at nthellworld.com-ntl user group where you can get additional info.

Legolas 19:26 26 Jan 03

Thanks microswift I will visit the site you mention.

jazzypop 20:47 26 Jan 03

From the horse's mouth - click here

Mad Boy 21:14 26 Jan 03

I believe (as an x-box fan/owner>best console ever made!) you need to subscribe to XBOX LIVE, which costs a hefty bit of cash, thus also needing Broadband.

Regards

Mad Boy 21:20 26 Jan 03

I believe (as an x-box fan/owner>best console ever made!) you need to subscribe to XBOX LIVE, which costs a hefty bit of cash, thus also needing Broadband.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…