advice needed for Ex Hard disc

golfpro 10:27 10 Apr 05

After buying an SLR digital camera a few months ago, I am finding that my hard disc capacity is dwindling fast, so I am looking for an external hard disc for my photos and any music files which are taking up most of the space.
My two local computer stores have the Western Digital units 160 and 250gb capacity both with USB 11, but the buffer is only 2mb and they both only have 7200 rpm, would this be enough for my needs (I would only be downloading approx 1 to 200 mb per week or so), or should I look for something else?
Also if anyone has bought one, is there anything on the installation that I should be aware of.

alan227 10:41 10 Apr 05

If you want to download files you are better going for USB 2 rather than USB1.1 as it is 10 times faster.
USB1.1 is old stock.

click here

golfpro 10:52 10 Apr 05

Sorry, when I wrote USB 11 in my first post, I meant USB 2.

alan227 11:02 10 Apr 05

If you are running XP and have USB 2 on your computer these drives you mentioned will be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…