Advice needed on driver down loads

dego 15:35 11 Aug 03

Ineed a driver down load for a LG CD Re-Writer
can any one please tell me where to look

Dego

DieSse 15:46 11 Aug 03

Optical drives do not need drivers - Windows has the required drivers included.

Tell us what problem you want to solve, and someone may be able to help

dego 15:58 11 Aug 03

Thanks for replying DieSse, I had a big proplem with my hard drive had to have it re formated
now my pc cant find my cd re writer there is no icon for it in my computer. Yet my cd rom is ok

JIM 16:16 11 Aug 03

posting the link to lgelectronics UK home site
where you can obtain Device drivers for LG CD Re-Writer.

DieSse is quite right "Optical drives do not need drivers as Windows has the required drivers included." If you download from site check to see that they are upto date and not a copy of what you may have already.

What you will find also, are updated Firmware versions but there is a risk when applying them.(Improper processing of this upgrade will damage the drive.)

click here

JIM 16:16 11 Aug 03

posting the link to lgelectronics UK home site
where you can obtain Device drivers for LG CD Re-Writer.

DieSse is quite right "Optical drives do not need drivers as Windows has the required drivers included." If you download from site check to see that they are upto date and not a copy of what you may have already.

What you will find also, are updated Firmware versions but there is a risk when applying them.(Improper processing of this upgrade will damage the drive.)

click here

JIM 16:18 11 Aug 03

Sorry double post system cockup...:)

DieSse 16:53 11 Aug 03

Is your drive recognised by the BIOS when you power up your system?

Also try the "Add new hardware" icon in the Control panel.

dego 13:46 12 Aug 03

Thanks all i clicked on Add new hardware in control panel it resolved the problem
once again thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…