advice needed about a new mobo

Majin_Vegetto007 13:15 30 Jun 04

recently i have been having trouble trying to get my brand new duron cpu to run at the speed it was retailed at (1.8ghz) on my pcchips mlr810 the solution i have come up with is to get a new motherboard however i do not know which one to get i need one that is the same size that can take512mb sdram and can take duron cpu's i also need one that has the various ports such as pci and agp it should also have the variou connections such as usb and serial/parallel. does nyone have any suggestions or am i doomed to live out the rest of the life of my pc with it under performing

xania 13:48 30 Jun 04

I have taken a quick look at the Mr Chips site but cannot find the mobo you quote. There are quite a few M810 models and it loks as if these are all MicroATX. From what I can see, there is no reason why your current mobo should not support the Duron 1.8 Mhz. If this is fairly new, I suggest you take it back and see what's gone wrong. Alternatively, I would have thought you could still buy an identical replacement. If not, then almost any mobo which supports AMD should provide all you require, although, having gone for a MicroATX previously, perhaps you should stick to this reather than risk the full ATX models.

Majin_Vegetto007 15:40 30 Jun 04

the thing is the mobo came with the computer but the rest of the computer has been upgraded by me, the latest thing that got upgraded was the cpu and heatsink/fan assemble i mean could it be the cpu thats running slowly bcoz its damaged or what. i don't think u can buy this mobo anymore bcoz it came with the pc as i have said b4 and the pc is a couple of years old now. any suggestions

Majin_Vegetto007 16:20 30 Jun 04

and does anyone know how the flash the bios, coz i haven't got a clue i know u have to find the file from somewere but don't know were

xania 10:30 01 Jul 04

You can get your BIOS updates from click here

and you can get any further advice from click here

but I suggets you go to the main site click here

and browse

Majin_Vegetto007 12:19 01 Jul 04

how do i find out which file i need to download though, thats what is so confusing for me

xania 12:42 01 Jul 04

I have just taken a look at the web site again, and the download links do not appear to be working. I suggest you note down what appears on the very first screen, which should describe your mobo serial number, and BIOS version and then drop a note to the second link I gave you asking for specific help.

Majin_Vegetto007 12:47 01 Jul 04

ok then thankyou but one thing with that is it goes too quickoly is there anyway of slowing it down, dat you know

sil_ver 13:11 01 Jul 04

try pressing the 'pause' key as soon as it appears then 'enter' to continue

Majin_Vegetto007 18:06 03 Jul 04

now i have another problem when i press the on button it doesn't even boot up i get nothing on the monitor and the laser on the mouse doesn't turn on, neighter does the keyboard lights turn on. at first i thought it might have been a faulty wire so i changed that but it still doesn't work. and the only way i can turn the computer off is by switching it off at the wall or by pulling the plug out the back. any suggestions on what might be wrong

sil_ver 22:09 03 Jul 04

Assuming that you've checked all the connections and made sure your memory stick is fully home in its slot plus any other cards. Also assuming that power is getting to the mobo and the monitor switched on, then you might try resetting CMOS either by removing the battery for a few minutes or using the reset jumper which is almost certainly near to the battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…