Advice needed about doorway pages

edennorman 13:01 01 Jul 04

I think I have the basic notion behind doorway pages, but my problem is this.

These pages are going to be pretty small so how do you go about finding someone to host such small spaces...no point buying 50mb of web space if yuo are only going to use 50kb.

Are there really such a thing as free web hosting and if so what might the catch be for someone like me who has a few useful domain names that he would like to turn into doorway pages.

This is a great forum, thank you for your help and patience.

eden

woodbexhill 12:02 03 Jul 04

If you own the domains, I assume you can use cloaking to forward the URL to the 'doorway page'. This way, you can store the pages on hosting you currently have and you won't need to purchase hosting for each individual page.

From there, you can then use a meta refresh command to forward from the doorway page through to the main page.

I think, I know what I mean in my head but I'm having difficulties writing down exactly what I mean... hope that helps a bit.

eldevllc 23:27 18 Jul 04

Why use doorways as separate .html files, when it is possible to create multiple doorways automatically? Look at click here (SmartMagnet Software).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…