advice needed

lesbos123 15:08 08 Oct 07

ive just installed avg free +spyware terminator+ zone alarm firewall on my computer just want ot no if i've got enough protection any help would be good

birdface 15:20 08 Oct 07

I would add SpywareBlaster,And would also recomend WinPatrol.And McAfee Site Advisor.I presume that you meen Avg-Virus Maybe One other Spyware program,A Squared there are loads to choose from and most are free.And keep your Host File Up-dated.

lesbos123 15:50 08 Oct 07

thanks buteman how dow i keep my host file updated i forgot to mention i also have windows advanced care personel and yes i ment avg anti virus

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:05 08 Oct 07

1 Antivirus
1. Firewall
Some antispyware -
1 blocker
1 real time scanner and
1 backup scanner
is sufficent

AVG or AVAST antivirus are best free ones
Zone Alarm is a good choice blocks in and OUT.
Antispyware - there are many
SpywareBlaster as a blocker +
windows advanced care personel and spyware terminator

With these you have enough add much more and your machine will be slowing to a crawl.

WinPatrol wil mak sure nothing changes your starup programs but that is also covered by windows advanced care.

I find McAfee Site Advisor. throws up false warnings of legitimate sites and all you need when browsing is a little commom sense.

lesbos123 16:12 08 Oct 07

thanks fruit bat i've got avg anti virus & spyware terminator& windows advanced care&zone alarm firewall oh n ccleaner do you think this to much any help appreicated

birdface 17:26 08 Oct 07

Hi.This is the latest one that I could find.21.9.2007.click here

skidzy 17:29 08 Oct 07
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:53 08 Oct 07

Sounds as if you have enough.

I run :-
Avast
Sygate
SpywareBlaster
Windows Defender
and AdAware
CCleaner to clear the rubbish

and common sense when browsing.

not had a problem for years.

skidzy 18:04 08 Oct 07

a little surprised you dont have Spybot SD,especially with the functions availble.

lesbos123
The best advice i find is,to surf carefully and ask for advice about certain downloads if not sure.

Remember to many programs can be an overkill,however if you do encounter a problem such as a virus or malware etc,there are programs out there that will help.

lesbos123 18:30 08 Oct 07

thanks for your help i think i covered got another problem now lol

skidzy 18:31 08 Oct 07

Whats the new problem Lesbos123 ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…