Advice on my new site?!!

bigdamouk 18:43 30 Jan 03

Ive got my home page of my new site up at the moment and want everybodys general opinions.
click here
Regards
Damo

frodge 18:57 30 Jan 03

love the black, love the pics but the red fonts apart from title which is great don't show up to bright.

frodge

Eagie 19:01 30 Jan 03

It's looking ok but none of the buttons work. Is it all the text one large picture? I'm on broadband so it doesn't worry me but how long does it take to load on a standard modem dial-up?

Also you may want to look at the labels on the pictures as they are just showing the filenames which is the default for most web publishing programs.

Good luck with it.

bigdamouk 19:07 30 Jan 03

yeah...none of the buttons work yet, ive just done the home page..but it still needs work like renaming the photos (as you say), yes the text has been outputted as artistic text (for the moment) as im having a bit of trouble aligning it.
thanks folks :-)
Damo

STREETWORK 19:59 30 Jan 03

place text links at the bottom of the pages as well as the graphic ones, separate the elements of the picture, ie navigation and pictures, try a silver font instead of red, is that a picture of you??

spuds 20:00 30 Jan 03

Seems fine to me, and all blends in smoothly. When will the site be completed, as I would love to see the end results.

scooby43 21:02 30 Jan 03

Hi bigdamouk

Looks a good web site just it a pity it takes along time to load as I have only a 56k modem

cheers

Falkyrn 21:46 30 Jan 03

Are you aware that all of your text is loaded as individual jpg images ? .... it would speed the site up for 56k users to use plain text where possible.

bigdamouk 22:24 30 Jan 03

hopefully im going to sort out the text problem tomorrow. Should speed it up abit.

Thanks for the colour advice STREETWORK, im still experimenting with colour and had settled on the red but i will try out a silver or a chrome look tomorrow,
As for when will it be finished? Hmmmm, there is quite a lot of content and i want to mak sure it gets done right, so hopefully in the next few weeks possibly sooner, Keep checking back though as ill be leaving regular updates on the site.
Thanks all
Damo

bigdamouk 22:25 30 Jan 03

By the way its not a picture of me :)
i wish it was but its the great Jimi Hendrix

STREETWORK 19:26 31 Jan 03

I knew that ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple