Advice On Motherboards

Cubby76 12:37 PM 05 May 12

Hello, i have recently purchased a computer case (a midi) and need to buy a new motherboard, however i have seen this one (Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P G41 Socket 775 DDR3 Onboard VGA 7.1 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard) but am looking for any better ones,i cant afford to pay a huge amount, does anyone have any ideas? I am trying to build my pc from scratch, and i have bought case which has dimensions of 430mm (l) x 175mm (W) x 360mm (H) and unfortunately the motherboard from my old computer is too big for this, so i just want some advice?

onthelimit1 12:55 PM 05 May 12

I'd be tempted to go for a 'bundle', where you get mobo, cpu and RAM guaranteed to work together. Have a look at the Novatech and Maplin websites.

Cubby76 13:39 PM 05 May 12

Thanks very much for that, deeply appreciated, can I ask another dumb question? how will I know that the motherboard is the right size for my case tho, as I don't want the same issue again?

KRONOS the First 13:51 PM 05 May 12

What case are you planning on using?Most decent makes of PC cases will list motherboard size compatibility.

Your motherboard is a m-ATX which will fit in near enough any case, so a midi will be fine, the dimensions given will easily accommodate your motherboard. Your motherboard is a socket 775 which is a little dated. What sort of cash have you? and what do you use the PC for mainly? Do you already have other components? What about operating system?

Cubby76 14:12 PM 05 May 12

Hi Chronus, My case is Casecom MA-1199 Shiny Black MATX Tower Case, i have looked and I cant see any motherboard specs? I will Mainly be using it for work & gaming purposes, I have been recommended to get a Celeron G530 Motherboard? Cash wise, to be honest not a whole load as I have a young baby too, but I have saved about £200 at the present, but wanna get other bits too, i know im probably asking the impossible here :) you sound really knowledgeable so any advice you can give would be amazing!

KRONOS the First 14:36 PM 05 May 12

Well as you can see your case is m-atx so no problems with your motherboard.This one I think.

Change your mobo to,This one. CPU G530 So far that is £68.65.

You do not say if you have any other bits already?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off