Advice on Mailwasher Pro

I have downloaded Mailwasher as recommended by several on this site. Does this then enable me to see who is sending e-mail so I can delete if it is a potential virus. Because if I send/receive whilst in OE if there is a virus I'm knackered I suppose!! By the way I have AV software this just an extra precaution.

VoG II 17:52 08 Feb 04

Yes click here

In fact, look at the whole tutorial click here

hugh-265156 17:56 08 Feb 04

right click message "show header" or just preview it in mailwasher.

set up a whitelist for your trusted contacts in tools/options/blacklist and friends list

check the general tab and set heuristic to "strong" if it flags a friend just right click and add to friends.

after a week or two of training it gets good at its job.just dont bounce them.

set tools/accounts/your account/properties/bouncing and outgoing and untick bounce.

hugh-265156 17:56 08 Feb 04

vog`s link much better.

Much obliged

IClaudio 09:24 09 Feb 04

Huggy, why? Jesterk2 told me this some while ago, saying that it 'just increases bandwidth'. I understand that, but isn't bouncing unwanted messages back going to eventually_lessen_bandwidth? Just wondering...

Tony

Jester2K 09:34 09 Feb 04

Don't bounce.

Why?

1) It WASTES bandwidth

2) They almost NEVER go back to whom they came from as the sender address is almost always fake (so servers have to waste time and bandwidth trying to return the mail to an address that doesn't exist) or spoofed (in which case some poor perosn gets all your bounce messages and not the spammer)

3) Even if they do then some spammers can tell when you've used Mailwasher or simalar to boiunce the message and you still get added to the "Active Account" list

Just delete.

Think of it this way. If all spam was bounced then there would be twice as much wasted bandwidth. Eventually this will have an impact...

IClaudio 19:55 09 Feb 04

...that's answered it!

No more bouncing!

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…