Advice loading games with 4 user accounts please

StellaArtois63 18:50 20 Oct 04

On this computer my boys wanted individual user accounts which I didn't mind.The problem I have been getting is when I install a game it plays fine on my account but not on the boys.Do I need all the user accounts open when I install the games or is it best just to install all the games in a shared folder. If I do use the shared folder can I use a sub folder within the folder to store the games individually.Many thanks StellaArtois63

Giggle n' Bits 19:05 20 Oct 04

in your name or a user which does not have a limited account.

If the games doesn't turn up in the kids accounts then you will have to unlock the Limited accounts on all then resinstall the game on each account reboot each time.

TomJerry 19:53 20 Oct 04

Some games can only played by account with Administrative right. Limited users will not do.

My suggestion (and my solution) is

(1) use program such as Partition Magic to create a new Primary partition on free space on your HDD (get a big HDD if you run out space already).

(2) "Copy"/Clone your current boot partition (C drive) to that new partition. Now you have two versions of WinXP on your machine.

(3)Install Bootmagic (come with Partition magic). run set up, set one winXP as KidsPC and another WinXP as DadyMummmy PC.

(4) Reboot up, now you will set bootmagic selection screen and which winXP to boot, kids/daddy. Two WinXPs are completely independent, one can not see each other.

(5) Do some tidy up. Go to kids part to make all kids account administrative, go to dady part, remove all kids account.

Results: They go to their area and you go to your area, you do not mess them up and they do not mess you up.

By the way, this is perfect legal. You have two identical versions on your PC, but you only run one at any give time. Moreover, you do not need to reactivite because two are identical.

StellaArtois63 23:05 20 Oct 04

Thanks for the advice but with my computing skills it seems to advanced for me. I will try doing what BlueEyes suggested and see how we get on from there. The thing is some of these games have worked ok before but for some reason gremlins have stopped them so I have uninstalled them all.I must say it was nice to see another 20gigs of hard drive space back again but I will just re-install the games as we require them. Many Thanks StellaArtois63

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…