Advice on laptop for travelling

BeeWee 11:25 01 Dec 05

I am leaving this country in the middle of next year and will need to take a laptop with me.

I will need to access the internet (to keep in touch with home and to listen to the radio)

I have a large collection of music and photographs which I will be transfering from my pc. I won't be needing it for gaming.

By the way how will I be able to access the internet in various countries?

Any ideas on this please?
Beth

SANTOS7 12:09 01 Dec 05

click here
this may help...

palinka 17:51 02 Dec 05

and you will need to acces the internet to read/send your emails, too. If you use Outlook express now you'll have to use Internet explorer and read/send your emails on line via your ISP's website when you're out of this country.
eg let's say you use Tiscali and your address is [email protected]; you'll need to go to tiscali's website, click on check my mail (or similar button) and type in your name and password. You can practioce this before you go, on any computer, including your own.

BeeWee 18:06 02 Dec 05

thank you both..those tips are helpful. I use incredimail but ntl is my provider.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…