advice on hard drive split

chrisjohn 16:31 20 Sep 08

when i purchased my laptop aspire 5720z it has a c drive and a d drive why is this

chrisjohn 16:34 20 Sep 08

c drive says acer d drive says data...should i leave like this or can i combine the two d drive is empty.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:53 20 Sep 08

Assuming op system preinstalled.

If you make sure all your data is on D then you wont lose it if you have to to a factory restore in case of an op system failure.

DieSse 17:01 20 Sep 08

You can move your My Documents (which should be where you keep all your data, for easy backups) - to the D drive.

Right click My Documents - click Properties - click Move - and follow the instructions.

chrisjohn 22:40 20 Sep 08

many thanks

Sea Urchin 00:14 21 Sep 08

The D drive is not empty - it contains a hidden partition with the system recovery software so that, as Fruit Bat /\0/\ says above, you can restore to factory settings if necessary. But there is also plenty of room for your other data files.

DieSse 00:55 21 Sep 08

"The D drive is not empty - it contains a hidden partition"

The D drive IS a partition - it cannot contain a hidden partition.

It might contain a hidden folder - but Acers normally have yet another partition which is hidden, but by definition cannot be the visible D partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…