Advice for Frontpage 2002 Please

STEVE71163 11:48 AM 07 Jun 03

I am just starting to put together a website for my cleaning business and needed some advice. First of all how do you change the background colour of a webpage??

Forum Editor 12:49 PM 07 Jun 03

there are different ways of doing it.

You could use one of the many themes that FrontPage offers. Some of them are a tad vivid, but if you look through the selection you'll probably find one you like. You can customise your theme when you've applied it, so that your site has its own unique look. Themes can be applied to a single page, a group of pages, or the whole site, and include navigation bars and buttons, headers, fonts etc.

OR

If you right-click on a blank page and select properties you'll be able to choose a background colour, or an image to use as a background.

STEVE71163 15:32 PM 07 Jun 03

Thanks FE. I had it on a theme and it did not seem to want to let me change the background colour so i started from scratch without a theme and it seems ok now.

STEVE71163 17:31 PM 08 Jun 03

Can anyone tell me how to create a logo for my site?

Forum Editor 17:43 PM 08 Jun 03

is to use a graphics program to create a Gif on a transparent background.

The transparency will allow you to place the Gif on a coloured background and not end up with a white square all around it.

How you design the logo is up to you, but my advice is to keep it very simple. many people fall into the trap of making logos over complex. The Nike tick is probably one of the finest examples of how to design a logo. It's instantly recognised without having the word 'Nike' attached to it, although that wasn't the case in the beginning. Initially it did have the word, and that was dropped when the tick became well-enough known.

When designing your logo bear in mind that you might need to use it on several different backgrounds, and the colour(s) will be very important. Save the finished file in several different physical sizes, so you don't have to faff around resizing it when you insert it on a page.

STEVE71163 17:47 PM 08 Jun 03

Sorry to sound a bit stupid, But is their a graphics program in office?

STEVE71163 18:00 PM 08 Jun 03

Can Publisher do these Logos??

slowhand_1000 18:01 PM 08 Jun 03

Also when designing your logo keep in mind where else you may use it. Main things that come to mind are letterheads, comp slips, business cards etc. How many colours you use and how complex the design will be key factors in the cost of your print.

Unless that is, you are thinking of printing everything off on your pc.

powerless 21:43 PM 08 Jun 03

Use paint and save the file as a GIF.

Do not have publisher.

Forum Editor 23:22 PM 08 Jun 03

in Publisher, but you can, as Powerless says use Microsoft Paint. It's a little limited in its capabilities however, and you may find yourself getting frustrated.

There's a good free Photo-editing application called Photo Plus which has some graphics capabilities, and you can find it if you
click here=

STEVE71163 06:27 AM 09 Jun 03

I have ms photo editor. Can that be used?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone