Advice on drive imaging software needed

Pete L-W 17:53 27 Jan 04

Having just suffered a corrupted hard drive, I think it's time I invested in such software!

What I want is software that is easy to use and works automatically. I have two hard drives on my motherboard, set up on different raid arrays (I know that I should have asked the teccies in the shop to have set the drives up on one array to mirror, but I did not and I would rather not lose the use of my PC further. Besides I gradually trying to become a DIY PC user and sort stuff out for myself!). One hard drive is 80Gb and the other 40Gb. The 80Gb is partitioned into a C and D drive, the 40 Gb is simply labelled as E. Everything important, including the way I have set up my OS and everything else is on C, so I want an exact copy of C on E; a copy that always updates automatically, whenever I work. I understand I need to create a "mirror image" image of my drive C, so would like someone far cleverer and knowledgable than me to post some advice on what software to choose!

Thanks for your time and for reading this,

Pete

jimv7 18:17 27 Jan 04

Norton Ghost, you can check the onlint tutorial from click here

hugh-265156 18:21 27 Jan 04

i have only tried acronis true image click here very easy to use and will back up to another HD or most removabale media.

drive image is another popular one click here

Big Elf 18:40 27 Jan 04

I can recall at least 1 forum member who had difficulty rebuilding a mirrored array after a disk failure.

I also would recommend TrueImage as I also use it myself and have used it to restore my system after a failed hard drive. However it has to be started and run and it doesn't work constantly in the background.

From personal experience I would also suggest using another backup method as well for data using CDR/DVD/Tape.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…