advice desperately required

trainman2 09:04 11 Mar 05

My MESH computer will not boot up. The Megatrends screen informs me that it is auto-detecting the drives then briefly flashes a message that the hard drive can't be found. It then suggests booting from another drive and inserting medium. Should I try booting from a DVD drive using the MESH Recovery disc (or my own)? Will this result in the loss of data? I have contacted MESH support several times in the last few days but received no response of any kind, so help would be much appreciated.

wobblymike 09:38 11 Mar 05

I suggest a methodical approach:

If your BIOS is not seeing your hard drive then you are not going to get anywhere so you need to find out why.
Assuming you have not disturbed its wiring or installed anything before this happened, check the ribbon cable connection to the hard drive both at the drive and mobo end. Go into BIOS (tap delete is the usual way on boot up) and ensure it is set to auto detect (although it sounds like it is). If all this is ok and your drive is still not being seen, you might have to face up to the fact that it has died.

Demora 10:22 11 Mar 05

also Check the power cable.

bruno 20:35 11 Mar 05

I had this problem and found that in the bios my hard drive had become "disabled",not by me, I might add.Putting the tick in the right place"enabled" it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…