Advice on Cooling

domtheboy 07:53 10 Aug 04

Morning peeps

I've noticed recently that my CPU seems to be running at quite a high temperature (currently 56 degrees celsius), which leads me to believe that my CPU fan might be on the way out.

I'm looking for a replacement at the moment. I'm running an XP 2000+ CPU, can anyone recommend a good fan that I might want to consider ? Having said that, if anyone can recommend general cooling products they've bought I'd be grateful.

Cheers all

Dom

Devil Monkey 08:10 13 Aug 04

click here for a look.

sattman 09:46 13 Aug 04

I would not think 56 deg was excessive, my cpu fan temp is 60 deg normally, has it suddenly started to run hotter.

The warmer conditions with higher ambient temperatures have increased computer running temperatures.

It might benifit from a general clean including air vents and especially the power supply fan. Care needed for this task (see other threads)

Also check location for air flow

scooby43 09:54 13 Aug 04

do you use case fans aswell or just have a cpu fan. Fans for AMDs you can get one fairly cheap that will do the job. 56'c is still ok at temperature wise. If your worried have a look at the cpu fans as they tell you what they support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…