Advice on cleaning TFT screens

bukkaz 22:19 02 Mar 05

Recently got a LG Flatron TFT. What do people on here use for cleaning. Was using some alcohol free wipes for CRT previously. Are these OK or would you advise anything else or maybe just a damp cloth? Cheers.

VoG II 22:23 02 Mar 05

The wipes are OK but I use a slightly damp kitchen towel. I find this more effective.

JonnyTub 22:24 02 Mar 05

pcworld sell a 'special cloth' for about a fiver, removes grubby fingerprints rather well :-)

Alan2 23:12 02 Mar 05

Here are some previous answers to the same question:-

click here

woodchip 23:29 02 Mar 05

Whatever you do be very careful as you only get one go at it, get it wrong and you may be looking for a new screen

bukkaz 00:05 03 Mar 05

Thanks for the replies.

Try the anti static cloths you use for the clothes in the washing machine, be careful. regards esso.

Migwell 00:45 03 Mar 05

I have a microfibre duster I bought from Marks & Spencer for about £3.00 I dampen this and roll it up into a lump, like you would do if you were french polishing and gently wipe over the front on the monitor ( while it's switched OFF )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…