Advice on choosing a host

stevesunley 29 Mar 12

I have put together a simple static web site for my fishing club. I now need to choose a host and would be gratefull for advice.

Forum Editor 30 Mar 12

That's a little like asking someone which car you should buy.

There are so many hosting companies, and all of them fulfil the basic requirement - that of being able to host a simple web site. Your choice depends very much on how much you are prepared to pay.

I tend to recommend a company called Heart Internet for the simple reason that I have used it for hosting clients' web sites for quite a few years. My experience has been good - the service has been reliable. Other people may have other preferences.

stevesunley 31 Mar 12

Thanks for the recommendation.

Graham* 02 Apr 12

With the demise of Microsoft Office Live, I am also looking for a host. I have had a free trial of 1&1, but it seems to use your own Domain, you have to transfer it to them. Will Heart Internet not require me to do this?

MarkJ12 20 Apr 12

A host I would recommend is Vidahost.com. They have a Starter package which only costs £29 a year including the domain.

They have 2GB of space, 25GB of bandwidth and the ability of hosting 6 websites.

More information on that package can be found here: https://www.vidahost.com/web-hosting/package/starter-package

If you want to save another 10% off the price you could always use a promotional code: VIDAHOST10OFF.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message