Advice on buying a scanner...?

DANZIG 12:01 30 Apr 03

Hiya all.

Today I am planning on buying a scanner...but which one??

Basically I don't want to spend a bomb on it (Less than £80 would be nice). I would like to know what dpi I should be going for as a minimum and any other features I could look for. I'm not going to be using it for tip top quality professional work, just for home use.

Any advice???????

Totally-braindead 12:04 30 Apr 03

Why not buy the PC Advisor best buy scanner, you can get a review in this website.

Filch 13:26 30 Apr 03

Have a look at the Canon LiDE scanners. Either one would be suitable. Consumers Reports (USA) rate both very highly and the 20 one of the best at 600 dpi.

_Treb_ 14:34 30 Apr 03

I've had 3 Mustek scanners over the years. All work fine although my new Bearpaw 4800TA Pro is slow. Even at 150 DPI it takes a full minute to scan an A4 document in Lineart Mode.

Rhuddlan 14:46 30 Apr 03

I would say that Epson are a pretty good make when it comes to scanners, the Epson Perfection 1260 is good, with 1200-2400 dpi, 48 bit and has excellent software with it, hope this advice helps.

DANZIG 19:10 30 Apr 03

Thanks people, just got back now with my new scanner! It is a Canon LiDe20 and its superb! It cost a few pence short of £70 from my local PCWorld and the quality of the scans I get from it is excellent. I would heartily recommend it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…