Advice on buying blank dvd

wesparmalee 11:43 28 Sep 06

I've recently installed a dvd rewritable drive, and was wondering what is the best type of blank media to use.Is there a great deal of difference in terms of picture quality between the cheaper blanks and the more expensive brands.I know there is less of a chance of errors with the more expensive brands, but is actual picture quality greatly noticeable as well?Please advice, thanks.

dazwm 13:41 28 Sep 06
  Phphred 13:48 28 Sep 06
  The Old Mod 14:03 28 Sep 06

ukdvdr.co.uk

The Old Mod 14:04 28 Sep 06
  Jonathan314159 16:45 28 Sep 06

My experience is over a number of years is that the failure rate on burning is not a problem. The bigger problem, and almost by definition the harder one to judge in advance, is the failure rate over time. Partly this is down to how you store the disc. But they seem much more fragile and prine to scratches than a proper DVD film disc.

A good guide is here

click here

So long as the disc burns ok and does corrupt over time, I don't think you would see any difference in picture quality - its binary, either you've got it or you haven't.

One other thing, never stick a label onto the disc, it will destroy it after a while.

Graham. 16:52 28 Sep 06

Proof read required :-)

Jonathan314159 17:05 28 Sep 06

I always proof read, its just that the words mysteriously change after I post the response!

Graham. 17:09 28 Sep 06

'does corrupt over time'

wesparmalee 17:26 28 Sep 06

Thanks for all of this advice.It seems to involve a lot of luck as well as careful burning etc.Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…