Advice On Building a PC.

ste1403 19:35 13 May 10

Hi,
ive recently set my self the challenge of building myself a pc good enough to play the newest games but im not wanting to spend a huge amount of money on it. I will be wanting to upgrade it every couple of years to keep up to date with the latest games. I have a basic idea of what i need but a lot of the websites that offer advice on building a budget pc are out of date. My knowledge of the hardware required and whats compatible with what is not the best, so i was just wandering if anyone can offer me any advice, tips or any websites that i may not have came across.
Thanks

littlephoenix 19:47 13 May 10

how much are you willing to spend?
your best bet is to go and purchase yourself a PC that has good memory, good HD and mobo from say Frys electronics for about 600$ and on the side buy a nice gaming video card, nvidia 9800 or something, swap the cards from your new PC and you have yourself a nice gaming PC ;)

--> my spyware blog click here

ste1403 19:48 13 May 10

i forgot to add some hardware that i have in mind.
can you please let me know if these are anygood or if im making a mistake.
CPU AMD Athlon II X4 620 $99 amd.com

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2
Memory
Patriot 4GB DDR2/800

Videocard Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

Hard drive
Seagate 500GB Barracuda 7200.12

Optical drive
Samsung SH-S223C

Chassis
Rosewill R220

Power supply
Cooler Master RS-460

Operating system
Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

ste1403 19:50 13 May 10

probably looking to spend around £600-700 at most.
Im not really wanting to to buy a pc as i want to build one from scratch mainly for ego purposes haha. Plus it will give me more knowledge of how pc's work. Thanx anyway

MAT ALAN 20:56 13 May 10

click here

probably looking to spend around £600-700 at most.

NO NEED.....

click here
click here

these links are a tad more helpfull

click here

sourceing your parts might be a little more stressfull, the link may help to start...

ste1403 22:03 13 May 10

thanks for those links, ive added them to favourites and will have a good look through them over next few days.

what do you think of the parts ive found so far in my earlier post, think the total for them was about £500.

Algerian peter 22:05 13 May 10

I've just put one together tonight.

asus p6 mobo
intel core i7 2.66ghz
acrtic cooler
geforce gtx 260 2
6gig of ddr3 memory
1 terabyte sata300
1 dvd writer
good quality case
windows xp pro ( already have )
windows 7

for £800.

It will run anything.

ste1403 22:09 13 May 10

haha that top link is probably what my computer will end up like.

ste1403 22:23 13 May 10

thanx,
but i think thats a bit out of my price range, dont want to spend to much on it just yet because i can easily upgrade in a year or so, rather save a bit of money for a new tv for the bedroom that i can use for monitor as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…