Advice on basic new printer

nobbyhigo 21:22 PM 19 Feb 13

i am looking for a bog standard printer i will be printing the odd black text doc. i am not bothered about fancy allin ones WIFI would be a treat My last printer was "listen" a HP 930 and it was great Any suggestions please

spuds 09:14 AM 20 Feb 13

If you are looking for bog standard, then consider the price of replacement cartridges first, because this is what makes a bog standard printer expensive.

There are many printers out there, that will cater for most needs, with a price tag from about £39.99 (possibly including wifi into that).

I have a number of different make printer's, mainly 4-1 type. The one I am using in the main is a Brother DCP-135C which uses compatible cartridges at about 50 pence each. This printer is a brilliant piece of kit, and cost £39.99 delivered direct from Rymans. This model as possibly been replaced by a similar model by now?.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED