Advice from any member living in mainland spain .

Meshuga 17:38 13 Nov 06

Does any member living in spain know of a situation whereby Telephonica cut off access to the internet if the service has not been used for 30 days or more. This is the message my daughter has received after a long visit to UK. What has to be done to restore service?

Technotiger 18:06 13 Nov 06

Hi, I think the guy you need is "daddyassa", (I think I have spelt that right) though I have not 'seen' him about today.

My son lives in Lanzarote but I don't know if that would be any different to mainland Spain
as regards broadband.

Cheers & Good Luck

Meshuga 18:10 13 Nov 06

Thanks Technotiger, I should have mentioned that she is on Dialup, not BB. Regards.Meshuga.

Technotiger 18:28 13 Nov 06

Me again - I have asked my son (by email)if he or his Spanish Partner (she is from Mainland Spain) can advise - I will let you know what he/they say.

As a matter of interest, this is my son's site.
click here

Cheers

Meshuga 19:12 13 Nov 06

Thanks Technotiger, look forward to hearing from you.

Meshuga 21:20 13 Nov 06

bump

Technotiger 21:31 13 Nov 06

Still waiting to hear from Steve, my son. I WILL respond here as soon as I hear. I just tried phoning him, but got Spanish operator ???
I no speaka da language.

Cheers

john-232317 21:36 13 Nov 06

Hi Meshuga, how are you.

I have never heard of this but telefonica are strange creatures, so maybe it could happen. If she phones them up maybe they will sort it as she is on dialup and still got her phone line, if she cant speak Spanish they do have English speaking help. Just ask the telephonist " habla English por favor "

I know someone in business who`s bank missed a payment and they cut his line off, so he lost his business number and all his heading paper cards etc all had to be changed.

They have so many people waiting for connection if you make a slight hiccup they just cut you off and sell your line to the next customer. ;-( regards john

greenlamp 21:39 13 Nov 06

Is the dialup connection PAYG, if so then the situation is probably the simular to the same type of account in the UK. i.e. if you don't use it will be suspended, but if quick enough you can recover the account for a limited time after its suspension.

Technotiger 21:41 13 Nov 06

Hi, apologies for my sloppy spelling - above...

Cheers

john-232317 21:50 13 Nov 06

No probs, i`ve been called a lot worse ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…