Advice on an all-round PC first build

thehereticmonkey 06 Feb 13

I’m doing my first PC build and I've been using this site to guide me. I'm looking for some final advice with my build as I thought it best to check that everything is compatible and if there’s anywhere I’ve overspent as it’s really stretching my budget at £880.

I’m aiming for a good all round desktop that is quick, responsive and reliable. I’ll be leaving it on 24/7 days at a time for downloading and streaming to the TV/Xbox. So I’m also wanting it to be quiet and energy efficient.

Only gaming I’ll be doing will be games I can’t get on Xbox i.e. Civ 5, Starcraft 2, SimCity 2013…

I won’t be over-clocking it initially but I may in the future so it’d be nice to have the room to do so.

Also I assume I won't need a wireless card if my PC will be connected to the router.

The build is:

CPU: Intel i5-3570k HDD: Seagate 2TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64MB 7200RPM HDD SSD: Samsung 250GB 840 Series Basic SSD

GPU: XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7850 AMD 2GB OR MSI HD7850 OC AMD/ATI 2GB (Torn between these two GPUs so any recommendations are good)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Socket 1155 Ivybridge Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Dual PSU: XFX Pro Series Core Edition P1-550S-UKB9 550W PSU DVD Drive: Samsung SH-224BB/RSMS Case: Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Monitor: 21.5" AOC E2250SWDAK LED OS: Windows 7 64-bit

Cheers!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message