Advice on Ahead nero

ray27 15:48 23 Feb 04

I have a Pentium 3.2 with windows xp home

My CD copier works fine using windows but whenever I try to use Ahead Nero to copy a CD it gets to the 13th track and then just freezes.

I click on the cancel button which cancels the burn but I cannot exit the Nero programme and the disk will not eject from the tray, everything then just freezes.
The only way to eject the disk is to close down windows and restart.

If you play the cd copied on a cd player it plays ok until it gets to the 13th track and then it just says error and wont play again until you replace the cd back into the tray.

If I try and copy a cd with 13 tracks or less it works fine it seems that it just doesn't like any thing more than 13 tracks ( The length of the tracks is not a factor )

I suspect it is the version of Nero that I am using that came with the computer, a very limited version, so before I invest in a newer version can anyone tell me if they think this is the correct solution
Many thanks for any advice

MichelleC 15:59 23 Feb 04

Have a look here click here but it could be you need another aspi layer/driver.

ray27 16:10 23 Feb 04

I am a bit of a novice at this game could you explain what an aspi layer is?

the nero I am using is very basic I think it maybe a limited version 5 but Im not sure as it dosent say on the disc
many thanks

Stuartli 17:37 23 Feb 04

Or, to add to MichelleC's link:

click here

ray27 18:23 23 Feb 04

Thanks for explaining what an aspi layer is
As I am a bit of a novice and don't realy know what to download I think I will invest in a good program that will enable me to copy cds

I have used nero before on my last computer(thats another story ,do you remember stuartli?) and that had nero express on it but my present copy does not include this so I will take the plunge and spend a few more coppers
many thanks ray

keith-236785 18:49 23 Feb 04

to find out the version of nearly everything, click help/about.

definitely works with nero, i just checked.

cant offer any help regarding the problem though, sorry.

good luck anyway

ray27 18:59 23 Feb 04

yup you were right version 5.5.10.7
as I am thinking about getting a dvd recorder I thought I might as well take the plunge and get the software so I have just orderd nero 6 from amazon which hopefully will cure my problem
many thanks for all you advice
ray

R4 19:33 23 Feb 04

You could download a 'Trial' copy from Nero to see if it soves your problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…