Advice about Microsoft Word 2002

concretepigsy 10:24 27 Apr 05

I need to make words in word, alternatively in bold and italic fonts. is there an easy way of doing this with keystrokes. Thanks in advance

Chris

pj123 10:32 27 Apr 05

Ctrl + b = bold, + i = italics + u = underline.

You need to highlight the word/s first though.

You can use the mouse or use Shift and the arrow keys to highlight. Double click a word to highlight or treble click to highlight a complete line.

scotty 10:32 27 Apr 05

Cntr B and Cntr I toggle the Bold and Italics on and off.

concretepigsy 10:35 27 Apr 05

thanks guys

Brian-336451 10:45 27 Apr 05

Just type out the text normally.

Then apply the bold and the italic to the first two 'qualifying' words.

Highlight whichever one comes first then double click the Format Painter (little brush).

You then highlight (using the format painter) each word you wish to change, then de-select the format painter, highlight the next word, double click the Format Painter etc etc.

This only makes sense if you've a lot to do. The keystrokes make more sense for just a few words, but the Format Painter is quite useful.

nb if you only click the FP once, it'll only work once - double clicking gives it the focus for more than one application, ie until it's de-selected.

Hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…