Advice about combined DVD-Rom and CD-R drives

corc 16:34 08 Feb 03

I am thinking of buying a combined DVD-Rom and CD-R drive. Are they any good or is it better to buy two seperate drives?

woodchip 16:53 08 Feb 03

Two seperate drives, fit DVD on IDE2 as master, CDRW as slave on IDE2 click here and CDRW click here

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 16:54 08 Feb 03

Hard choice really, until recently I had a toshiba sdr122 which was not bad but the speeds of both the dvd & the cd-r were not really as fast as I wanted,if you are stuck for spare drive bays then yes it's the only option, but if you the space then (as I have now) you can get a nice fast dvd-rom and a very fast cd-r for about the same cost as a combo.
The other thing to think about is if a fault develops then you are without either, also it is easier to copy disc's from 2 units (disc to disc) then from a combo as you have to copy to hard-drive 1st. BUT at the end of the day the choice must be yours as you will be the using it!!

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 16:55 08 Feb 03

doh!!! once again woodchip beats me (must be quicker/must be quicker)

woodchip 17:01 08 Feb 03

Not bad for 67

Belatucadrus 17:13 08 Feb 03

I got mine from Novatech because I was using a mini tower with only one large bay. So far so good click here

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 17:20 08 Feb 03

corc

i see ticked as resolved, what was your decision????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…