Advice about a changed processor

DEIRDREOFTHESORROWS 13:21 12 Mar 04

Can any one tell me how my old p.c. (3 & a half years)went from being a pentium 3 when new to now telling me it has a genuineIntel x86 family 6 model 8 stepping 1 processor? I noticed the change when I tried to set up broadband and it told me the processor did not support it. The only fault I can detect is something up with the system board extension for ACPI BIOS. Could this be the problem.I run w98SE have 128 ram and have noticed no real change in the actual running of the pc. I would be very grateful for any advice.

Diodorus Siculus 13:26 12 Mar 04

Possibly a windows update installed at some stage which changed the naming procedure. The processor will still be the same. Get Aida32 to ID it for you if you are concerned about how Windows recognises it. click here#
Aida32

Diodorus Siculus 13:28 12 Mar 04

PS, any sign of a return of the Sons of Usnech? ;-}

slycheetah 13:42 12 Mar 04

sandra will tell you what it is as well as a lot more click here

DeirdreOfTheSorrows 14:06 12 Mar 04

Downloaded aida, it says my processor is as it should be. Any idea how I get windows to recognise it too?
P.S. Those three boys have lost ther heads!;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…