Advert appears when launching IE

corc2 09:37 07 May 03

Every time I fire up Internet Explorer, before I have chance to type anything into Google(my home page) an ad appears for e-bay. Can anyone explain how to get rid of it as I presume there is a file somewhere that runs every time IE is started. Also I am fed up of those pop-up BT ads that are not even in date anymore. Who do you complain to about it?

NadineCoyleRocks 09:49 07 May 03

Ad-aware is a free download that may help you stop you adverstisements popping up when starting internet explorer. Try searching for it through yahoo i cant remember there website

expertec 09:55 07 May 03

you should download ad-aware from click here and also download Spybot from click here

expertec 09:55 07 May 03

also, have you got a good firewall and anti-virus software?

corc2 11:51 07 May 03

I have Keiro firewall and Norton anti-virus running. Also i've found a programme that tries to run on start up called RVP/bpc.exe and have no idea what it is so i have disabled it. I'll give ad-aware a go as well. Many thanks

leo49 11:53 07 May 03

Apparently this RVP/bpc.exe is spyware associated with grokster.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…