advent, no recovery disco.

TECHNODIMWIT 22:27 19 Jan 03
  TECHNODIMWIT 22:27 19 Jan 03

i`ve been given an advent pc to try and coax back into life. The recovery disc was not included when unit purchased.

unit has had a suspect hdd failure, or possible virus attack. it was returned to pc world, they say the hdd is ok, but as my friend cant supply the recovery disc he needs to purchase another copy of windows. i would have thought pc world could supply a spare recovery disc as they supplied the pc 2 1/2 years ago.

how can you obtain a copy recovery disc.

unsure of model no, but it has gigabyte GA-6WMMC7 mobo 128mb ram 10gb hdd 800mhz cpu

thanks in advance mark

Forum Editor 23:46 19 Jan 03

is effectively your friend's licenced copy of Windows, and it's very unusual for one not to be supplied with the PC.

PC World are right in saying that they can't supply a 'copy' - there's no such thing, and it looks as if your friend will indeed have to buy a new copy of Windows.

TECHNODIMWIT 23:56 19 Jan 03

the recovery disc should have been supplied, but was missing in the packaging, and was only noticed now, not bad 2 1/2 years and no fresh install for win me, i just hoped there was a way of getting a copy.
not knocking pc world as mistakes happen in packaging, and my friend should of checked.

jolorna 07:50 20 Jan 03

hi you could try posting here for help click here
hope it will help you

Lú-tzé 08:12 20 Jan 03

TECHNODIMWIT - was it a machine which had the "recovery setup" in a hidden partition on the hdd? I have seen a few of those from a couple of years ago. They usually come with a floppy which has a script to reload everything from scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009