Advent Monza C1 Screen Replacement

fosters1066 23:55 28 May 14

I've just bought a replacement screen for this laptop, but can't work out how to remove the old one.

Normally you remove the screws from 4 corners of the bezel; however this only has screws in the top two corners, and appears to be held from the inside.

The screen supplier says you need to remove the lid totally from the base to access the screen; to do that you need to remove the base cover, but I can't get this off!

I've searched the net for instructions or video help to help me, but can't find anything anywhere!

Any assistance would be appreciated

BRYNIT 08:29 29 May 14

The first 5 minutes of this video may help CLICK HERE

fosters1066 13:37 29 May 14

Thanks, but the video refers to a different model to the one I have; there are no screws where there are on the video to release the front cover.

This laptop is weird, there are no access covers for the hard drive or RAM cards, so to access either of those you'd have to remove the base cover, which I am struggling to do!

Really puzzled now.

Thanks very much for your input anyway, appreciated

bumpkin 14:04 29 May 14

Laptops are a pain to work on. Are there any hidden screws under labels maybe.

BRYNIT 14:23 29 May 14

You could always try asking Advent CLICK HERE you never know they may have the info or point you in the direction of a video tutorial.

fosters1066 16:10 10 Jun 14

Brynit I followed your advice, that Advent link is actually a link to DSG Retail Tech Help, which is Dixons/Curry's/PC World's parent company.

They are only helpful if you are paying them, so no joy there!!

Never mind, will keep trying, cheers for help anyway, also thanks to Bumpkin, checked but no further labels hiding screws!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5