Advent computers

karen-241100 20:32 22 Aug 03

I am currently looking to buy a new computer and I have seen an advent computer that has the specification that i'm after. Does anyone know if this make of computer is any good?

fitfella29 20:43 22 Aug 03

pc world usually do advent that was my first pc a few years back and had no trouble with it whatsoever.

theres a good medion pc in pcworld at the moment have u checked that one out?

mistagf 21:01 22 Aug 03

Am speaking to you on my 2 year old Advent.

Only one problem and that was a faulty floppy drive [within warranty] which was replaced with
no hassle and came complete with some free "pc clinic" advice.

PCWorld Cardiff by the way.

Gaz 25 21:10 22 Aug 03

Go for it if you are sure it is the right one.

jolorna 23:53 22 Aug 03

hi
you have to make your own mind up im on my 3rd advent my 1st which i had a extended warranty needed a new cd rom drive when they changed that the recovery disc wouldn't work any more but they wont sort that problem out, the 3rd one had a manufacture fault but as i had brought that unseen because it was still in the box and not on the shelf i have to live with that, but with all 3 advents the only breakdown apart from the cdrom and speakers has been keyboards and mice

rickf 09:19 23 Aug 03

Have you had a look at Toys'r'Us. They have a new range of Medions in at v. competitive prices and v good specs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…