Advent Computer 3111

askgreg 13:02 20 May 06

This computer is about two years old and I want to return it to its original set up.I have removed all the data that I require.
There are three Recovery discs, and I have used Disc 1 to boot the computer.First of all it came up with a window containing:-

1. Single user version cannot do multiple loads.then:-

2. Cannot open Ghosterr.txt then:-

3. Invalid dump file ( Application error 11000 ) If this problem persists then contact Symantec support
at click here

I have tried to contact the Symantec site for help, I have also tried the PCWORLD site, since that was where the computer came from. I ended up going round in circles with no positive help. I'm sure that there is someone out there who has been faced with a similar problem who could just put me on the right track.

All the Recovery discs are original and authentic.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Greg Askey

SANTOS7 13:25 20 May 06

Error Message: Single User Version Cannot do Multiple Loads

When performing a Recovery using the CDs included with the system, it is recommended that when prompted for the next CD(s) during the Recovery process to wait approximately 10 seconds after inserting the CD, but before clicking OK

I think the second error message may relate to any new hardware that has been installed, uninstall any that you know of and try again....

askgreg 15:24 20 May 06

Hi SANTOS7

Thanks for your reply.I haven't as yet gone beyond the Boot disc ie No1 Disc.Thats the real problem, all these messages came after I had booted with No 1 disc and there was no option to proceed to the No 2 disc.
There has been no new hardware installed since new.

Regards Greg

Dizzy Bob 15:49 20 May 06

The error messgae stated contact symantec?, I wonder if he previous user has installed Norton Go Back, and possible disrupted the recovery partition.

THe Advent PCs are made for Dixons group stores (Dixons, Currys, PC World). Support is provided through PC Servicecall (Dixons service dept). You can use the web address click here or call 0870 901 3000 for further support.
Hope this helps.

DB

Dizzy Bob 15:52 20 May 06

click here={783f02bf-b54b-4cf5-a241-1ac7ff15cee6}&CatID={0e50691d-ce7f-4650-93ce-a684614f3d07}
From PC Servicecall site

DB

Dizzy Bob 15:54 20 May 06

Link not working.

Go to click here

select the computing tab on the top row

Select Advent from the drop down menu on the 'desktops' section

Select 3000 series

selecr xx11 series

select 3111

You should then be on the suppot page for your product.

DB

askgreg 16:48 20 May 06

Thanks again for your responses.I have taken your suggestions on board and will be back to let you know what happens.

woodchip 16:53 20 May 06

Norton Go Back are the Backup images that as been created for a Factory reinstall. But it may not work if anything at all as been deleted or changed from Factory settings like Partitions or some original files that should be there for restore to work

SANTOS7 17:00 20 May 06

click here
thread has similar problem, Is ghost still installed ?

askgreg 21:01 20 May 06

Hi All

Once again I will be back-probably tomorrow sometime.

Greg

The 12th Man 21:19 20 May 06

askgreg,

The error "Single user version cannot do multiple loads" means you are placing the recovery disc in the BOTTOM drive (probably DVD-ROM). You need to put it in the TOP drive(Probably CD-RW drive). This should solve your first 2 issues, and possibly even your third.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…