Advent 8109 screen problems

LivEviL 21:41 18 Aug 08

hi i have an advent 8109 laptop a friend has asked me to look at iv repaired laptops and screens in the past, but this one has me stumped! basically the laptop isnt displaying a picture and neither on the external monitor port, i have tried the Fn button and F12 (which is the external monitor) one thing i have noticed is that there doesnt seem to be any Ram inside it, does this model have fixed in ram? also the fan attached to the heatsink of the processor it doesnt spin which it might only spin when it gets hot, the power light goes on when switched on and the charging battery light comes on when its on charge and i can hear the hard drive spinning........ any ideas? i thort it might be the inverter but i cant see a picture in the back ground and cant get a picture out the external port

cheers

LivEviL 22:12 18 Aug 08

anyone?

MAT ALAN 22:14 18 Aug 08

one thing i have noticed is that there doesnt seem to be any Ram inside it.

you may need to confirm this before doing anything else...

LivEviL 22:27 18 Aug 08

well it looks like a ram slot and theres nothing in it,

MAT ALAN 22:30 18 Aug 08

iv repaired laptops and screens in the past...

Only you can tell us that, it either is or it isn't.
If your not sure ask somebody that does know, otherwise we are going to get nowhere!!!

LivEviL 22:38 18 Aug 08

right ok its a Ram slot.

LivEviL 23:00 18 Aug 08

yeah deff a ram slot the reason i was unsure before is the wireless pci card has a similar connection

LivEviL 23:03 18 Aug 08

can someone confirm to me that is there were no ram in the laptop the screen wouldn't work i dont even get bios

MAT ALAN 23:09 18 Aug 08

click here

there are two memory slots so i would assume there is a module in that one..

Are you powering up for the battery or mains...

woodchip 23:15 18 Aug 08

Have you tried Starting it just on Mains? remove the Battery as This may have shorted internally

woodchip 23:16 18 Aug 08

You cannot always see the number one stick of Ram as it may be in a Slot inside the Casing It is on a Medion that I have

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…