Advent 7065 Wireless Networking

highlands 19:56 PM 24 Jun 11

I am trying to get wireless networking to work on an Advent 7065 laptop under Windows XP/SP3. When I enable the wireless LAN via Fn + F1 it detects networks in the area including my own (Netgear router) and works superbly well and is very fast. However, when I reboot, it reverts to no connectivity and I have to go through the process of enabling the wireless LAN each time. Is there any way to get it to retain the "LAN enabled" status when I reboot? I think the wireless Lan card is a Prism 3886.

mgmcc 21:40 PM 24 Jun 11

It may be that, as a battery saving measure, the Laptop's default setting is for WiFi to be disabled. Have a look in the Power settings in Control Panel to see if there is an option to change this behaviour.

highlands 08:33 AM 25 Jun 11

Thanks mgmcc. You gave me the clue. I found a BIOS setting for wireless networking: options were "OFF on Boot" (default) or "Last Status".

Changed it to "Last Status" then re-enabled wireless in Windows via Fn + F1 and Eureka .... it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X