Advent 7027 Laptop Keyboard Problem

maund 08:34 04 Nov 05

Dear all,

I have an advent 7027 laptop - it seems to have developed a problem overnight. The keyboard doesn't seem to work properly. When you press some keys i.e. "P" it will not appear on screen, on the other hand, some letter work OK when selected. Other keys when pressed select 3 or 4 letters i.e when you press "X" Z,X and C are displayed! Can anyone tell me what is going on here! I haven't spilled anything on the keyboard and it was working fine last night, I'm totally baffled.

Regards

David

mgmcc 08:42 04 Nov 05

It could be a software corruption issue - try running System Restore as a first step.

maund 11:28 04 Nov 05

I tried to run a system checkpoint using system restore, but was informed that it couldn't be restored.

mgmcc 12:57 05 Nov 05

If the laptop has a PS/2 port, try plugging a conventional PC keyboard into it and see if that performs normally.

maund 18:20 05 Nov 05

Yeah,

Thanks, I've aleady done that and it works fine. I presume the laptop keyboard has decided to call it a day. However i've been noticing a few other things that don't look quite right with it.

Thanks again

David

PaulB2005 18:26 05 Nov 05

Check there's nothing lodged under the keys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple