Advent 6412

BiGgY2K 13:46 02 Sep 03

Hi,

I own an 'Advent 6412DVD' laptop, and over the past few months, have been experiencing problems with my monitor display.

Simply, if it's moved to a different angle the screen will begin to flicker, and after a brief spell of violent flickering, it will completely go black. Not completely black I should add, as you can kinda see the outlines of the contents in the background, but it's VERY DIM. To try and get the monitor display working again, you usually have to keep moving the lid until it re-appears. I've been told that it maybe the 'inverter' slightly loose, and all it needs is re-fitting.

Advent pointed me in the direction of a third-party company that deals with their faults, but having sent an email, they want a total of £130 to take a look at something that I feel could be done if there's some manual avaliable (£30 delivery, £45 labour, £45 new part).

So, having discussed my problem, does anyone know where I could find any websites or references to locating/ and re-fitting the inverter's in a laptop display for an 'Advent' ...

Cheers,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…