Advent 5471 BOS Updates?

Jack Dusty 20:30 10 May 05

I have an Advent 5471 that desperately needs a BIOS update to make use of a memory upgrade. I have tried the Advent website (click here) but it seems to be offline! "Systemsoft" make the bios but refer you to vendors website. The machine is made by Gericom but none of the references add up - well, you get the circular picture by now.
Does any kind soul out there have a handle on where I might be able to track down a later version than "Systemsoft Plug'n'Play BIOS 1.17"?

Jak_1 21:48 10 May 05

I see that your pc is a laptop. What motherboard as that is what determins memory upgrade? I would doubt that Advent supply the BIOS upgrade, that is usually the domain of the peeps that own the software!

Also doing a flash BIOS upgrade can be fraught with danger eben to the very experienced. First of all I would check what memory is used on your motherboard and the limit to what it will take.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…