Advent 4489-Can't get audio working-Please help?

buel 09:18 30 Dec 09

Hi, i can not get the audio to work on my sister's Advent 4489. I have tried the fn button to turn up/turn down/mute/un-mute the audio and even though the audio graphic appears it doesn't make any difference. Please can someone give me a bit of help how to update the drivers maybe? (im guessing that this is the way to go?)

buel 09:27 30 Dec 09

Ps- in Device Manager it says that that that the audio drivers are 'working properly', however, it does have a yellow question mark next to 'PCI Simple Communications Controller'?

rdave13 09:30 30 Dec 09

First check that windows audio is started and on automatic in services.

buel 10:43 30 Dec 09

Oh thank you, how do i do this please?

buel 13:25 30 Dec 09

Ah, i have checked and it was set to automatic and it was on, i even restarted it but still no audio!
Any other ideas please?

rdave13 16:56 30 Dec 09

List of drivers here; click here

buel 17:07 30 Dec 09

WoW! Thanks! Would it be the 'Hardware: Realtek ALC888 integrated soundcard' that i need as i've never done this before?

rdave13 17:14 30 Dec 09

If it's an Advent 4489 netbook then yes. Steer clear of the bios drivers, though.

buel 18:06 30 Dec 09

Thanks for your help, i appreciate it! Ok, i haven installed the driver/s stated and still no sound after a restart! Any other ideas please?

rdave13 19:22 30 Dec 09

Have a look at this article; click here=

Check all your audio settings and make sure nothing is muted.

buel 19:27 30 Dec 09

Thanks for your help, i appreciate it! Ok, i haven installed the driver/s stated and still no sound after a restart! Any other ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant