Advent 4211 random freezing

chriscross72 14:19 05 Oct 08

I have an Advent 4211 which occasionally freezes for no apparent reason.
There is no pattern to this,it can happen if I just leave the machine doing nothing for a few minutes, then, when I try to use it, everything has frozen and the only thing I can do is power off with the on off switch.
Other times it will freeze when in use, on the internet or viewing pictures etc.
Anyone have any ideas or solutions for this ?
I've had the machine for about 6 weeks
Thank you :))

Ashrich 14:27 05 Oct 08

Have you installed any other software apart the stuff it came with ? Have you had the case open to upgrade memory , hard drive etc. ?

If the answer to these is no then it is likely to be either a memory problem or over heating ( these have had a problem with their fan bearings ) so make a back up of your hard disk and take it back to where you bought it from and get a replacement .

Ashley

chriscross72 15:18 05 Oct 08

it's reporting a cpu temp of 47 centigrade according to sisandra
is this too hot, or about right for normal useage ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:38 05 Oct 08

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…