Advent 4 Port Desktop Hub - no usb2 drivers

computerdiv 15:32 20 Nov 08

I have no drivers for this usb hub. Can some one please direct me to some where to get them please.
Transfer times are so slow.

Any help greatly appreciated

computerdiv 15:36 20 Nov 08

added this link for model if it helps click here

FreeCell 15:38 20 Nov 08

USB hubs don't usually come with drivers as your OS has all the necessary drivers already.

What OS are you using? Maybe other reasons for slow speed. Are PC USB ports USB2?

Clapton is God 15:38 20 Nov 08

You do not need drivers.

It is being 'driven' by the speed of the USB ports on the PC. Are they USB 1 or USB 2?

Pineman100 18:21 20 Nov 08

When you plug the hub into your computer, do you get a popup report saying "This device could perform faster"?

If so, you've plugged it into a USB 1 port.

computerdiv 20:21 20 Nov 08

Have you looked at the hub i'm using. Does this model run at usb2 speeds. My usb ports are usb2 and transfer nice and quickly. The hub came with a power supply. Should this be plugged in as well to make it run at full speed. I have tried both with and without power supply with no increase in tranfer speed.

FreeCell 20:32 20 Nov 08

Yes I looked at the Advent hub. It says it should support USB2.

The power supply with it it to help power those USB that pull more power than USB ports chained together in a hub can sometimes provide.

What are you transferring to/from that is slow? Presume from your comment that you have run this direct without the hub and its speed was okay

computerdiv 21:49 20 Nov 08

only been tranfering avi files to media player.
usb on pc only takes a couple of minutes, where as the hub is taking nearly 1 hour. so the hub should run at the correct speed without the power supply then?

Yes getting "This device could perform faster" message.

DieSse 00:40 21 Nov 08

Have you got anything else plugged into the hub (if not - why do you need a hub?).

Try without anything else in the hub.

Try running off a direct motherboard port - not a front of case port.

Are you using any extra long cables? - these can lower the speed.

computerdiv 16:25 21 Nov 08

I've tried plugging the hub into different usb ports already to no effect. All other ports being used and it's handy having them on my desk top.

Clapton is God 16:30 21 Nov 08

"Yes getting "This device could perform faster" message.£

So your USB ports are (the slower) USB 1.

You need to upgrade them to USB 2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced